At the meeting held on 27 January 2016 the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (Authority) approved the amendment of the conditions associated with the 16 December 2015 grant of a gaming machine threshold increase of 20 (from 135 to 155) for the Goulburn & District Soldiers Club, Goulburn, LIQC300237494 to the following:
1. All gaming machine entitlements transferred to the Club as a result of the approval of this gaming machine threshold increase application (Application) must be transferred from clubs located in Band 2 or Band 3 country Local Government Areas.
2. The Club must make a total payment of $111,000 in community contributions to Growing Abilities Goulburn Inc, a not-for-profit organisation that provides vocational training and support to people who suffer social exclusion as a result of disability or social disadvantage in the Goulburn Mulwaree local government area, for funding of the employment of a horticulturalist and office administrator, for a period of three years (LIA Contributions).
3. No gaming machine entitlements may be transferred to the Club as a result of this approval without the Club first having provided Authority with evidence that the Club has made LIA Contributions proportional to the number of entitlements to be transferred.
4. The LIA Contributions must be additional to any contributions provided by the Club under the ClubGRANTS Scheme.
5. The Club must maintain the level of ClubGRANTS support provided in the tax year ending 31 August 2015, proportional to gaming machine profits of the Club, in each tax year during which the LIA Contributions are made.