The Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (Authority) has approved the application under section 34 of the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (Act) for a gaming machine threshold increase of 6 (from 68 to 74) for The Pinnacle South Hurstville RSL Club, South Hurstville LIQC300230295.
The Authority has approved under section 36 of the Act the associated Local Impact Assessment (LIA), subject to the following conditions:
1. All gaming machine entitlements transferred to the Club as a result of the approval of this gaming machine threshold increase application must be transferred from clubs located in Band 2 or Band 3 metropolitan Local Government Areas (LGAs).
2. By 31 July 2016, the Club must provide evidence to the Authority that it has made a total payment of $40,000, as LIA contributions, to the following organisations:
- $13,332 to Intellectual Disability Foundation of St George
- $6,667 to Nurses on Wheels
- $6,667 to St George Sutherland Legacy
- $6,667 to Learning Links
- $6,667 to St George Cancer Support Group
3. The LIA Contributions must be additional to any contributions provided by the Club as the ClubGRANTS community support.
4. The Club must maintain the level of ClubGRANTS community support provided in the tax year ending 31 August 2015, proportional to gaming machine profits of the Club, in each club tax year during which the LIA contributions are made.