​RSA/RCG competency card renewals

An RSA/RCG competency card renewal and online refresher training is available for anyone wanting to renew their RSA/RCG competencies for five years.​

Renewal and online refresher training is only available via the links sent by Liquor & Gaming​ NSW when your renewal period opens. 

Do not do full, first-time courses at registered training organisations as this will not renew your card.

If you hold a valid competency card that is reaching expiry, Liquor & Gaming NSW will contact you by email and/or SMS about how to renew your card. The reminders begin 90 days before the card expires and are sent to the email address and mobile number you used to apply for your competency card.

If you hold a digital competency card, it will also display a reminder to renew your card beginning 90 days before the card expires.​​​​

All current competencies expire on the same day, five years after the first competency course was completed. 

You have 28 days after your card has expired to renew and complete the online refresher course. After that you need to complete a full RSA/RCG course through a registered training provider.

Online refresher training is fast-paced and takes up to 45 minutes to complete for each competency.  You will receive a link to complete the online training with your expiry reminder notification. A $35 renewal fee applies.

​If you hold an interim certificate and are reaching the five year expiry date, you must apply for a photo competency card before you can undertake the renewal process.​​

Update your contact details

It’s important to update your contact details so we can contact you about renewing your competency card.

Information about the renewal process and online refresher training will be sent to you by SMS and/or email before your card expires.

Update your contact details:

If you also hold a digital competency card, you can update your details in the MyServiceNSW App.​

​​​*You need your competency card licence (CCH) number displayed on your plastic card to use the online form.