Liquor and Gaming NSW > Public Consultation


Make a complaint

    How do I make a complaint?

    There are three types of complaints you can make, which are explained below:

    • Breaches of the law, anti-social behaviour, competitions and lotteries
    • Noise disturbances
    • Feedback or complaints about our service or website

    Breaches of the law, anti-social behaviour, competitions and lotteries

    Have you witnessed a possible breach of the law at a licensed venue? What about anti social behaviour related to alcohol consumption? You may be able to lodge a complaint with us.

    Before you lodge your complaint, we suggest you raise your complaint with the venue or people concerned (if it is safe to do so), particularly if your complaint relates to a product or service received.

    If you want to make a complaint to us, our complaints form lets you make a complaint about issues such as club administration/management, responsible service of alcohol and anti-social behaviour and noise relating to licensed venues, responsible conduct of gambling, disputes with the casino, gaming machines, minors and alcohol, licensed wagering operators, raffles, bingo, competitions involving chance and prize disputes involving NSW Lotteries.

    You can also raise your concerns with a number of other organisations, for example if your complaint involves:

    Noise disturbances

    If your complaint relates to noise or disturbance, please visit our noise disturbance complaints page  for more information.

    What happens when I make a complaint?

    We will try to respond to your complaint within five working days, if you provide your contact details.

    Complaints can result in a number of actions being taken, including compliance officers:

    • raising the complaint with the venue or responsible person
    • issuing formal warnings, fines, legal proceedings or other disciplinary action.
    For more information read FS3130 How we handle complaints (PDF, 142KB)

    ​Feedback or complaints about our service or website

    We always try to provide the best service we can, but we understand that sometimes we might fall short. If you want to complain about a service you have received from our office, or a problem you have with our website, we take all feedback seriously. Please go to our feedback page to let us know how we can improve.