Training you need

You will need to undertake training to work in an environment where patrons may be drinking and using gaming machines.

  • Responsible Service of Alcohol
    Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) qualifications are required if you wish to work, in a venue that serves alcohol and perform any of the following roles:
    • supplying or serving alcohol
    • provide security or crowd control activates
    • act as the Secretary of a registered club
    • act as an RSA marshal, (if they are required in the venue by law or licence conditions).
  • Responsible Conduct of Gambling
    Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) training helps to ensure compliance with the law and best practice requirements and to promote harm minimisation in venues where there are gaming machines.
  • Privacy training
    The privacy course focuses on the legal requirements for staff when scanning a patron's ID and operating a linked ID scanning system. Privacy training courses are available only to people who have completed an RSA course and possess a competency card.