Club gaming permits: Step 2

Buy gaming machine entitlements (GME)

You need a GME for each gaming machine you operate. The government isn't creating any new entitlements, so you have to buy them from other clubs or negotiate through a GME broker.


GMEs are bought and sold in a 'block' of 2 or 3. Each block sold requires 1 GME to be forfeited.

This means if you buy 3 GMEs, you surrender 1 GME and you can operate 2 gaming machines. Buying 2 GMEs allows you to operate 1 gaming machine.

There's no forfeiture if clubs are transferring GMEs between related clubs and both venues are located in the same local government areas (LGA).

​Related links

Buying a gaming machine

Gaming machines