The Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (Authority), has approved the application under section 34 of the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (Act), for the gaming machine threshold increase of 7 (from 23 to 30) for The Bidwill Hotel, Bidwill, LIQH400103158.
The Authority has approved under the section 36 of the Act the associated Local Impact Assessment (LIA), subject to the following conditions:
1. All gaming machine entitlements transferred to the Hotel as a result of the approval of this gaming machine threshold increase application must be transferred from metropolitan hotels located in Band 2 or Band 3 metropolitan Local Government Areas (LGAs);
2. By 31 August 2016, the Hotel must provide evidence to the Authority that a total payment of $70,000, as LIA contributions, has been made to the following organisations:
- $20,000 to Graceades Cottage Bidwill
- $10,000 to Yawarra Community & Child Care Centre Bidwill
- $10,000 to Bidwill Uniting
- $10,000 to Urban Neighbours of Hope Bidwill
- $10,000 to Mt Druitt Learning Ground Chain Reaction Foundation
- $10,000 to Mt Druitt PCYC Police Programs Unit
The increase must be utilised within a 2 year period. Any unused portion will lapse at the end of that 2 year period.