The Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (Authority) has approved the application under section 34 of the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (Act) for a gaming machine threshold increase of 10 (from 198 to 208) for Club Rivers, Riverwood LIQC300229866.
The Authority has approved under section 36 of the Act the associated Local Impact Assessment (LIA), subject to the following conditions:
1. All gaming machine entitlements transferred to the Club as a result of the approval of this gaming machine threshold increase application must be transferred from clubs located in Band 2 or Band 3 metropolitan Local Government Areas (LGAs).
2. By 31 August 2016, the Club must provide evidence to the Authority that it has made a total payment of $70,000, as LIA contributions, to the following organisations:
- $45,000 to Sir Roden & Lady Cutler Foundation
- $10,000 to Fiestaville Multicultural Community Choir
- $15,000 to The Kogarah Storehouse Community Centre
3. The LIA Contributions must be additional to any contributions provided by the Club as the ClubGRANTS community support.
4. The Club must maintain the level of ClubGRANTS community support provided in the tax year ending 31 August 2015, proportional to gaming machine profits of the Club, in each club tax year during which the LIA contributions are made.