The Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (Authority), has approved the application under section 34 of the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (Act), for a gaming machine threshold increase of 20 (from 150 to 170) for the Goulburn Workers Club, Goulburn LIQC300237532.
The Authority has approved under section 36 of the Act, the associated Local Impact Assessment (LIA), subject to the following conditions:
1. All gaming machine entitlements transferred to the Club as a result of the approval of this gaming machine threshold increase application must be transferred from clubs located in Band 2 or Band 3 country Local Government Areas (LGAs).
2. By 31 August 2016, the Club must provide evidence to the Authority that it has made a payment of $100,000, as LIA contributions, to the following organisation:
• $100,000 to CAN Assist - Cancer Assistance Network Goulburn & District Branch
3. The LIA Contributions must be additional to any contributions provided by the Club under the ClubGRANTS community support.
4. The Club must maintain the level of ClubGRANTS community support provided in the tax year ending 31 August 2015, proportional to gaming machine profits of the Club, in each club tax year during which the LIA Contributions are made.
The increase must be utilised within a 2 year period. Any unused portion will lapse at the end of that 2 year period.