Liquor and Gaming NSW > Gaming & Wagering


Competency cards

An RSA/RCG competency card is similar to a driver licence or proof of age card, and has a record of training you've undertaken to be legally allowed to work in the liquor and gaming industries. Competency cards are valid for five years.

A competency card is proof you've completed training in one or all of these courses:

  1. Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
  2. Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG)
  3. Privacy.

You must successfully complete a first-time RSA and/or RCG course through an approved registered training provider. ​

Download our visual guide: How to get or renew a competency card (PDF, 1.32MB).

Surrender RCG competency

If you are a current NSW competency card holder undertaking the Licensee (LT) and/or Advanced Licensee training (ALT) and wish to surrender your Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) competency, you should complete the Surrender RCG competency: declaration by NSW competency card holder form (PDF, 154KB)  before you complete the training. Submit the signed declaration on to the RTO online portal.

Find out more about: