Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences


Paying your annual fee

Licences with outstanding annual liquor licence fees were cancelled on 26 July.

If you did not pay your annual liquor licence fee before 26 July:

  • your suspended licence has now been cancelled

  • to reinstate your licence you need to apply, pay your annual liquor licence fee, a late payment fee and a reinstatement fee

  • you will face significant penalties if you sell or supply liquor or operate gaming machines.

Any gaming machine entitlements held in relation to a cancelled or surrendered licence can be transferred within 12 months immediately following the cancellation or surrender of the licence. 

You can extend this period by a further 12 months (to a total of 24 months) by paying a levy of $500 per entitlement.

Any entitlements not transferred by the end of the 12 month period or the 24 month extended period, are forfeited to the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority. 

Cancellation notices will be sent between late July and early August via post, email and SMS. 

The last day to apply for a licence reinstatement is 20 September.

If you have not received a fee notice, please contact us.

Have your contact details changed?

It's important to tell us if you've changed your contact details, so we can send you payment notices and reminders about your liquor licence fee.

​Related links

Service NSW

Application form - Cease to trade form (PDF, 98KB)

Update your liquor licence contact details