Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences


​Remove a packaged liquor licence

We treat an application to remove a packaged liquor licence to another location as if it's an application for a new packaged liquor licence.

Apply to remove your packaged liquor licence (PDF, 217KB).

Before you apply

You can't lodge an application to remove your packaged liquor licence until you consult your local community and complete a FM2010 Category B Community Impact Statement (CIS) (PDF, 272KB).

If you are applying to remove an online packaged liquor licence, you must complete a FM209 Category A Community Impact Statement (CIS) (PDF, 212KB).

This means that either before or within 2 working days of lodging your application you must:

  • Give a full copy of your application to the NSW Police Local Area Command nearest to your proposed licensed premises
  • Notify the local council
  • Notify any building within 50 or 100 metres of the boundary of your proposed licensed premises (50 metres for an online business)
  • Notify any building on land adjoining the boundary of your premises' property
  • Attach a site notice to your premises so passers-by can see it easily. The site notice must remain until we decide your application.

You must complete both categories of CIS 30 days before you apply.

How much will it cost?

Refer to the Liquor Fee Schedule to calculate your fee. 

How long will it take?

About 12 to 16 weeks.

Once you lodge a complete application, we'll post it on our Liquor and Gaming Application Noticeboard for 30 days to give the public a chance to comment.

When the 30-day public submission period is over, you can expect us to determine your application within 8-12 weeks.

However, there will be delays if you fail to respond to our requests for information.

What is a complete application?

  • A completed application form and fee
  • A copy of your community impact statement
  • A current NSW National Police Certificate – for individual applicants
  • An ASIC extract – for corporate applicants
  • A copy of development approval from your local council
  • Evidence of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
  • A plan of the proposed licensed premises outlined in red. View an example of a floor plan (DOC, 1,037KB).
  • Evidence that you have told neighbouring premises. You must complete and sign this advertising certificate (DOC, 47​KB).

You can lodge your application without giving us the above documentation, but your proposal won't progress to a decision without it.