Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences


Remove a producer/wholesaler licence

We treat an application to remove a producer/wholesaler liquor licence to another location as if it's an application for a new producer/wholesaler liquor licence.

Apply to remove your producer/wholesaler liquor licence (PDF, 215KB).

Before you apply

You can't lodge an application to remove your producer/wholesaler liquor licence until you consult your local community.

This means that either before or within 2 working days of lodging your application you must:

  • Give a full copy of your application to the NSW Police Local Area Command nearest to your proposed licensed premises
  • Notify the local council
  • Attach a site notice to your premises so passers-by can see it easily. The site notice must remain until we decide your application.

How much will it cost?

It costs $700 to remove a producer/wholesaler liquor licence.

How long will it take?

About 12 to 16 weeks.

Once you lodge a complete application, we'll post it to our online noticeboard for 30 days to give the public a chance to comment.

When the 30-day public submission period is over, you can expect us to determine your application within 8-12 weeks.

However, there will be delays if you fail to respond to our requests for information.

What is a complete application?

  • A completed application form and fee
  • A current NSW National Police Certificate – for individual applicants
  • An ASIC extract providing details of directors and officeholders
  • A copy of development approval from your local council
  • Evidence of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
  • Evidence of development consent from your local council – if it applies
  • Evidence that you've told neighbouring premises. You must complete and sign this advertising certificate (DOC, 47KB).
  • Evidence that you attached a site notice to your premises

You can lodge your application without giving us the above documentation, but your proposal won't progress to a decision without it.

Authorisations for the licence you want to remove

You can't remove authorisations along with a club liquor licence.

If your current producer/wholesaler licence has a drink on premises authorisation, you must re-apply if you want this authorisation at your new premises.

Drink on-premises authorisation application form (PDF, 143​KB)
This authorisation allows you to sell liquor for consumption on your licensed premises. It applies only to producers of wine, perry, cider or mead.​