Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences


​Remove a small bar licence

We treat an application to remove a small bar liquor licence to another location as if it's an application for a new small bar liquor licence.

Before you apply

You can't lodge an application to remove your small bar liquor licence until you consult your local community.

This means that either before or within 2 working days of lodging your application you must:

  • Give a full copy of your application to the NSW Police Local Area Command nearest to your proposed licensed premises
  • Notify the local council
  • Notify any building within 100 metres of the boundary of your proposed licensed premises
  • Notify any building on land adjoining the boundary of your premises' property
  • Attach a site notice to your premises so passers-by can see it easily. The site notice must remain until we decide your application.

There are also some circumstances when you must complete a FM2010 Category B Community Impact Statement (CIS) (PDF, 272KB) before you apply to remove a small bar liquor licence.

How much will it cost?

Refer to the Liquor Fee Schedule to calculate your fee. 

How long will it take?

About 12 to 16 weeks.

Once you lodge a complete application, we'll post it on our Liquor and Gaming Application Noticeboard for 30 days to give the public a chance to comment.

When the 30-day public submission period is over, you can expect us to determine your application within 8-12 weeks.

However, there will be delays if you fail to respond to our requests for information.

What is a complete application?

  • A completed application form and fee
  • A copy of a community impact statement – if it applies
  • Evidence that you notified the Secretary of the Department of Industry and NSW Police Force about your application within 2 days of lodging an application for development approval
  • A copy of development approval from your local council
  • A plan of the proposed licensed premises outlined in red. View an example of a floor plan (DOC, 1,037KB).
  • Evidence that you have told neighbouring premises. You must complete and sign this advertising certificate ​(DOC, 47KB)​.

You can lodge your application without giving us the above documentation, but your proposal won't progress to a decision without it.

Authorisations for the licence you want to remove

You can't remove authorisations along with a small bar liquor licence. You must make a new application for each liquor licence authorisation to apply to your new licensed premises.

Extended trading authorisation application form (PDF, 1MB).

Next steps

Apply to remove your small bar liquor licence (PDF, 220​KB).