Transfer your licence with consent of outgoing licensee

This is a straightforward process for both individuals and corporations.

Transferring a liquor licence this way takes two steps:

  • provisional approval
  • confirmation.

How to apply for provisional approval

You must give us the following:

  • Evidence of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) qualifications. Find out more about Responsible Service of Alcohol
  • If required, evidence of Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) qualification. Find out more about Responsible Conduct of Gambling
  • If the liquor licence includes gaming machine entitlements, you will also need to provide a direct debit form and data monitoring forms to show there are no outstanding payments. Find out more about gaming machine entitlements
  • A copy of your NSW National Police Certificate that is less than 3 months old. Find out how to apply to NSW Police for a copy of your National Police Certificate 
  • Corporate licensees must provide a current ASIC extract showing directors and officeholders. You can buy this document through the ASIC website

We usually confirm your licence transfer within 60 days.


To calculate your fee, consult the Liquor Fee Schedule

Online transfers

You will need

To complete the online form you will need to download and complete the following declarations and attach them to the online form. Read Declaration types explained for details on each declaration required.

Existing licensee Proposed licensee Business owners

Organisations need:

Individuals need:


Organisations need:

Individuals need:


Organisations need:

Individuals need:


Online submissions receive a 10% discount off processing fees.

Paper based transfers

Transfers can also be made offline by completing  AM0321 Liquor licence transfer: with consent of existing licensee form (PDF, 1MB​)​.