Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences > Which licence do I need?


​Club licence

    This licence allows a club to sell alcohol to its members and their guests for consumption on and off the premises. Gaming machines may also be operated, subject to separate approval.

    Trading hours

    Standard trading hours for a club licence are:

    • 5am to midnight Monday to Saturday
    • 10am to 10pm Sunday.

    Extended trading hours are possible following a club licence application, including a community impact statement (CIS).

    How much does it cost?

    A club liquor licence application costs $500.

    You also pay an annual liquor licence fee plus any applicable loading based on your venue's trading hours.

    Read more about NSW's annual liquor licence fee.

    Community involvement

    New club liquor licences require a Category B Community Impact Statement, which must be prepared at least 30 days before lodging an application.

    See community impact statements.

    All new liquor licences require a community consultation within 2 days of lodging a new licence application.

    How long does it take?

    Applications are not considered until all documentation is submitted.

    After you lodge a complete application, we will post it to our online liquor application noticeboard for 30 days to allow public comment in accordance with the gaming and liquor legislation.

    In most cases, an application will be determined by ILGA within four months of the 30 day public submission period end date.

    More information

    Surf clubs attract special condition​​​s. Find out more from our Liquor licences for surf clubs - fact sheet (PDF, 202 KB).

    Read about standard terms and conditions for registered club licences with our Statutory licence conditions and requirements - fact sheet (PDF, 324 KB).

    Find out more about a club liquor licence from our Registered clubs and the liquor laws - fact sheet (PDF, 600KB).

    Next steps

    Make your licence more flexible

    You can tailor a club licence to suit your needs by also applying for relevant licence authorisations and exemptions: