Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Liquor licences > Which licence do I need?


​Producer/wholesaler licence

A producer/wholesaler liquor licence allows liquor wholesalers and liquor producers like winemakers, brewers or distillers to sell alcohol to other liquor licensees.

Liquor producers can also conduct tastings, retail sales and direct sales to the public at liquor industry shows and farmers' markets or fairs.

Winemakers, brewers and distillers can also apply for a drink-on premises authorisation to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises.

Retail takeaway liquor sales by winemakers, brewers and distillers can only be made to the public during the following hours (subject to council consent):

  • 5am to 11pm Monday to Saturday
  • 10am to 10pm Sunday.

Wholesalers can only sell to wholesale customers (i.e. those who already have a liquor licence).

 What you'll need

  • a floor plan clearly showing the proposed boundaries for the licensed area
  • if applicable, a copy of your local council development approval or consent
  • details of the venue owner
  • requested liquor trading hours
  • contact details for you or a person authorised to submit your application
  • if applicable, a completed applicant declaration (TDEC5) (PDF, 177KB)
  • payment.

In some cases you may also need:

  • to talk to your local community about any concerns people may have with your application, if applying for a drink-on premises authorisation, more information is available on the community impact statement page.

If applying as an individual you'll also need:

If you're applying as an organisation you'll also need:

  • ABN, ACN or Y/INC
  • the names and birthdates of all directors and officeholders (if it is a proprietary company
  • a current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) extract
  • inclusion of the appointment of manager notice.

Who's eligible?

To be eligible for a producer/wholesaler licence you must be:

  • 18 years or older and authorised to lodge this licence application.


​The application fee is $700.

Once you get your liquor licence you will need to pay an annual fee.

Read more about NSW's annual liquor licence fee and how to calculate your fee.

 Customising your licence

You can tailor your licence to meet your needs by applying for authorisations and exemptions (fees may apply). This tanle will help you.

Flexible licensing optionsRelevant form
Allows winemakers, brewers and distillers to apply for a drink-on premises authorisation to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises in various settings (e.g. in a restaurant or accommodation venue or at a function)
Drink on-premises authorisation (PDF, 143KB)
Allows trading outside standard trading hours
Extended trade authorisation (PDF, 174KB)
Allows extended trading for a special occasion on a specified date
Extended trade authorisation - special occasion (PDF, 145KB)
Allows another person to supervise and manage the licensed business for more than 6 weeksException from requirement that licensee not be absent > 6 weeks (PDF, 112KB)


You can receive a 10% discount if you apply online for a producer/wholesaler liquor licence.

Or, download a printable producer/wholesaler liquor licence - application form (PDF, 346KB).

What happens next?

When your application is lodged, we will put it on the Liquor & Gaming Application Noticeboard for 30 days. The community can then make comments about your application.

 Need more information?

We're here to help. Use our online feedback form to send us your questions, suggestions or feedback.


1300 024 720 
(Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm)