​Expiry of older paper certificates


The last of the old pa​per certificates issued between 1 January 2010 and 21 August 2011 expired on 30 June 2016. Certificates issued before 1 January 2010 have also expired.

Paper certificate holders are required to complete full course training through a registered training provider to work in roles that require RSA/RCG competency, and obtain an interim certificate that can be converted to a competency card.

A valid interim certificate or competency card is required for anyone seeking to work in the Kings Cross or Sydney CBD entertainment precincts. ​​​

Note: Older paper certificates are called 'existing RSA certificates' in the Liquor Reg​​ulation 2008 and called 'existing RCG certificates' in the Gaming Machines Regulation 2010. ​

Replacing lost paper certificates

Replacement paper certificates can be obtained through the training provider you used to obtain your RSA and/​​or RCG competency. Your training provider may charge you a replacement fee.

Examples of paper certificates:

Example Casino old paper certificateExample RSA old paper certificate




​Re​lated links

Find your nearest Service NSW​​

Find an RCG training course​

What you need to know about working at a registered club