Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Serving alcohol responsibly

​Responsible Service of Alcohol training

Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is mandatory for everyone in NSW who sells, serves and supplies alcohol.

You can't work in the liquor industry without a valid RSA competency card or interim certificate.

Full first-time RSA training is provided by an approved Registered Training Organisation (RTO). If you are new to the liquor industry or returning to a job requiring RSA competency after five years, you need to complete a full training course and obtain an interim certificate.

Refresher training via Liquor & Gaming NSW is mandatory for anyone seeking to renew an RSA competency for a further​​ five years. If your competency card is reaching its expiry, you need to complete online refresher training as part of the renewal process.